The past 8 months have been a time of big change for a lot of people. Many find themselves planning a move to a new location in search of a lifestyle change or following a new job.
The process of uprooting your life and your family can be an overwhelming one. Why not take the task of finding a new home in your new city off your list?
Receiving a real estate agent referral can be a key factor in helping the moving process go smoothly. Getting this referral is as simple as a calling me.
Here are eight reasons why you should take the time to make this connection before you move:
1. Referrals are FREE. Obtaining a real estate agent referral is an opportunity that’s available to you for FREE. Just ask the question! There’s no charge.
2. Location, Location, Location. A local real estate agent knows the lay of the land and will help you find a home that offers the most efficient commute to your new job, school and other community landmarks.
3. Price. The best properties will often go on and off the market quickly. A local real estate agent can let you know about these opportunities before it’s too late!
4. Give a gift to a friend. A real estate agent referral is an opportunity to give a friend a great new contact in their new city and help them find a new home at the same time. Both will be much appreciated!
5. Get connected. A local agent will not only connect you to your new home but also with the larger community--for example, schools, local civic organizations, churches and activist groups.
6. Know your options. A local agent will be able to give you an overview of what housing options are available in your new city. They can explain what house types are most common and at what price points are they available.
7. Coordinate for Efficiency. Maximize efficiency by receiving a referral for a real estate agent in your new city and selling your old house with the agent who provided the referral. Both agents can coordinate on timing to allow for a smooth transition to your new home.
8. Get accurate information. A local real estate agent will be able to pull up to date information from a local real estate database that’s only available to agents--information that is not available on Zillow or Trulia. In our Richmond market, Realtors are notified as early as 3 weeks before a new listing comes on the market, a keen advantage in this hot sellers market!
I’m always glad to connect you with a local real estate agent no matter what part of the country you’re headed to. For more information, please contact me at 804.380.3694.